Fine Art Painting Class
This eight week class enables students to work on subjects of their choice at their own skill level from beginner to advanced. Charles encourages students to work from life, but in this studio class format, using photographic reference is acceptable. Students invest time painting subjects they find exciting which provides a satisfying experience and result.
Saturdays, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
May 18 - July 20, 2019
(no meeting on June 1 nor June 22)
8 Week Session: $150 (or pay prorated rate to sign-up late)
Please make payment arrangements directly with Charles Scogins.
- The class is open to a variety of media with exception of pastels (due to breathing issues with that medium).
- Color, composition, and a variety of approaches to painting will be discussed.
- Students will bring their own supplies but easels are available on site.
- Please have at least the primary and secondary colors available plus white in opaque mediums, (Yellow, Red, Blue, Violet, Green and Orange).
- Flat brushes work best and you need not go out and spend large amounts of money on them.
- A palette knife would also be useful.
Questions? E-mail Charles Scogins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Allison Doke & Shannon Meadows
Art for Ages 13-16
The class will focus on developing basic artistic skills. These include drawing from the imagination and observation, color theory, and painting. Students have the option of working on independent projects (such as building a portfolio) or doing an assignment presented in each class. Two instructors: Allison Doke and Shannon Meadows
Agenda by class date:
TBD: Composition (charcoal/paint)
TBD: Proportions (ink)
TBD: Monochrome painting
TBD: Adding color to the monochrome painting
TBD: "Plein air" field trip (painting or drawing)
Saturdays, 2 - 4 p.m.
Dates to be decided. Please contact Allison or Shannon.
5 week session: $110
Please make payment arrangements directly with Allison Doke.
Fine Art by Allison Doke
Illustration by Shannon Meadows