This class is for students in middle school and high school who are interested in developing their artistic skills. The class will focus on the basics of art including, drawing, perspective, color theory, and the basics of painting.
Saturdays, 2 - 4 p.m.
January 26 - March 2, 2019
6 week session: $120
Email Allison Doke (email@example.com)
6-Week Figure Workshop
Participants will be introduced to the following:
- Contemporary oil painting techniques
- Visual deconstruction of the human form
- Underpainting and mark-making
- Color design
- Spontaneous composition building
- Creating emphasis
Wednesdays, 7 - 9 p.m.
March 6 - April 10, 2019
6 week session: $230 (includes model fee)
Email Chase King: firstname.lastname@example.org
Character Design I
Tap into your imagination an learn the basics of character design!
Practice and learn the following:
- Analyze and mix realistic, abstract and symbolic elements to create something new
- Play with proportion to find the best expression of your idea
- Translate photos/realistic drawings into characters
- Practice and learn from your favorite heroes/villains/comedic characters
- Sketch and refine multiple dynamic poses of the same character
- Create a cast of characters
- Work in pencil and brush pen
Sundays, 12 noon - 3 p.m.
February 10 - March 17, 2019
6 week session: $130
Questions? Email Shannon Meadows
Fine Art Painting Class
This eight week class enables students to work on subjects of their choice at their own skill level from beginner to advanced. Charles encourages students to work from life, but in this studio class format, using photographic reference is acceptable. Students invest time painting subjects they find exciting which provides a satisfying experience and result.
Saturdays, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
January 29 - March 9, 2019
8 Week Session: $150
Please make payment arrangements directly with Charles Scogins.
- The class is open to a variety of media with exception of pastels (due to breathing issues with that medium).
- Color, composition, and a variety of approaches to painting will be discussed.
- Students will bring their own supplies but easels are available on site.
- Please have at least the primary and secondary colors available plus white in opaque mediums, (Yellow, Red, Blue, Violet, Green and Orange).
- Flat brushes work best and you need not go out and spend large amounts of money on them.
- A palette knife would also be useful.
Questions? E-mail Charles Scogins (email@example.com)