Allison Doke & Shannon Meadows
Art for Ages 13-16
The class will focus on developing basic artistic skills. These include drawing from the imagination and observation, color theory, and painting. Students have the option of working on independent projects (such as building a portfolio) or doing an assignment presented in each class. Two instructors: Allison Doke and Shannon Meadows
Agenda by class date:
April 20: Composition (charcoal/paint)
May 4:: Proportions (ink)
May 18: Monochrome painting
May 25: Adding color to the monochrome painting
June 1: "Plein air" field trip (painting or drawing)
Saturdays, 2 - 4 p.m.
April 20 - May 25, 2019 (no class on May 11)
5 week session: $110
Fine Art by Allison Doke
Illustration by Shannon Meadows
Fine Art Painting Class
This eight week class enables students to work on subjects of their choice at their own skill level from beginner to advanced. Charles encourages students to work from life, but in this studio class format, using photographic reference is acceptable. Students invest time painting subjects they find exciting which provides a satisfying experience and result.
Saturdays, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
March 16 - May 4, 2019
8 Week Session: $150
Please make payment arrangements directly with Charles Scogins.
- The class is open to a variety of media with exception of pastels (due to breathing issues with that medium).
- Color, composition, and a variety of approaches to painting will be discussed.
- Students will bring their own supplies but easels are available on site.
- Please have at least the primary and secondary colors available plus white in opaque mediums, (Yellow, Red, Blue, Violet, Green and Orange).
- Flat brushes work best and you need not go out and spend large amounts of money on them.
- A palette knife would also be useful.
Questions? E-mail Charles Scogins (email@example.com)