& Shannon Meadows
Learn to Paint
(or Just Paint Better!)
The basics and more will be covered:
- Narrative and Imagination
- Form & Proportion
- Abstracting Form
- Beginning with Grisaille
- Laying out a Palette/Brushwork/Color Mixing
- Oil Paints:
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Red
- Ultramarine Blue
- Cadmium Yellow Medium (or light)
- Titanium white Bristle Brushes:
- Filberts sizes 4, 6
- Rounds, sizes 2-4
- Flats, sizes 4, 6 Other Materials:
- Odorless mineral spirits/jar
- Palette Paper
- Canvas, 9x12 to 16x20
- Paper towels
Saturdays, 2 - 4:30 p.m.
January 11 - February 15, 2020
for ages 15 through adult
6 week session: $150
Fine Art Painting Class
This eight week class enables students to work on subjects of their choice at their own skill level from beginner to advanced. Charles encourages students to work from life, but in this studio class format, using photographic reference is acceptable. Students invest time painting subjects they find exciting which provides a satisfying experience and result.
Saturdays, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
January 11 - February 29, 2020
For ages 18 through adult
8 Week Session: $180
- The class is open to a variety of media with exception of pastels (due to breathing issues with that medium).
- Color, composition, and a variety of approaches to painting will be discussed.
- Students will bring their own supplies but easels are available on site.
- Please have at least the primary and secondary colors available plus white in opaque mediums, (Yellow, Red, Blue, Violet, Green and Orange).
- Flat brushes work best and you need not go out and spend large amounts of money on them.
- A palette knife would also be useful.
Questions? E-mail Charles Scogins (email@example.com)