All supplies will be provided for this workshop. Students will be working with:
- graphite pencil
- vine charcoal
- charcoal pencil
- compressed charcoal
- light pastel/conté crayon
- newsprint and drawing paper
Shane will cover the following ways to address the drawing of the human figure from a live model. The model will wear tight-fitting leotards, bathing suits or undergarments so mature high school students can attend.
- three Gesture drawing (for movement and general proportion)
- three 10-minute drawings (for angles of armature, positive/negative space, center of weight, and contour lines)
- three 20-minute drawings (deliniating light and shadow to help define depth and cover challenges of foreshortening, hands and feet)
- one 25-minute drawing (a chance to bring it all together)
Please bring an $8 model fee to help pay for the model's posing
Payment and Registration
Since the mini-workshop is limited to around 10 people it is best to Email Shane McDonald to let him know you're interested in attending before you arrive or pay. You may also call to leave a message at (770) 218-0676.
Upon approval you may pay $25 by cash or check at the time you attend.